The United Nations Convention has spelt out clearly about children rights to development of their personalities and talents. It has said children irrespective of their ethnicity, color, religion, language or family background have the right to hone their abilities and early years practitioners should do everything they can to facilitate this objective. The early years foundation stage curriculum seeks to provide this guidance to both parents and practitioners towards making this happen. We are playschool curriculum developers in India. Playschool curriculum development in India. We design EYFS – Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum lesson plans and consulting in India.
It has been aptly recognized that development is not a process that happens by its own will. Children should be given opportunities to interact with other children amidst a positive environment. The central theme of the EYFS revolves around this driving principle that every child is:
Unique, requires positive relationships and enabling environments to make the learning and development process a success.
It encumbers early years practitioners following the curriculum to:
- Understand as well as observe the development of each child
- Plan adequate for the next stage of development
- Support children so that they are able to imbibe and create positivity about self
- Identify additional support requirements
- Keep children safe and secure
- Value all children and parents equally
The role of positive relationships and their management has been addressed in the early years foundation stage curriculum adequately enough to ensure the following:
- Children become strong and independent with a sense of belonging
- They develop interests and feelings unique to their character
- The practitioners become enablers for the children to put in efforts for setting boundaries and objectives.
Similarly, the role of an enabling environment too has been given its due importance in the curriculum. Practitioners have recognized that they have to offer an environment which is conducive to both parents and children to develop at their own pace without being subjected to extraneous pressures. Contact us for eyfs planning ideas preschool set up in India.
This leads to the following encouraging indicators:
- A strong partnership is created between children, parents and practitioners
- The stimulating resources provided becomes relevant to children of varied cultures and backgrounds
- Learning becomes a playful and enjoyable process
- Children become bold enough to take risks and learn using different methodologies
- Children learn to think creatively as well and this boosts their ability to usher innovative thought processes
The early years foundation stage curriculum is not restricted to the development of only normal children. It has set objectives to cover the educational needs of all kinds of children, including those with special education requirements. Physically and mentally challenged children benefit immensely through this curriculum as it provides them playful opportunities for learning just like normal children without any discrimination.
Ongoing assessment is the key to success
It is said you cannot carry out improvement in any process if you cannot measure it. The EFYS also believes in this fully. It depends on an ongoing assessment technique during the early years so that practitioners can:
- Observe the children through their playful interactions and daily activities
- Learn or take feedback from parents about the child activities at home
- Identify the gaps hindering the development process within the child
- Look at solutions involving the parents for faster development of the child
- Take advantage of the findings revealed at the “positive relationships and enabling environments” stages and incorporate those for the solutions processes
The feedback to parents is given at two stages. The first one when the child is between 24-36 months and the second one at the very end of the EYFS profile. The findings during these early years are used as templates for judgments about the typical development of the child at these ages and to identify risks that may impede such development. For more information of EYFS Framework, early years foundation stage consultation in India, Feel free to contact us.