Play school rules and regulations in india 2017 – Latest updates.
There are currently disparities and differences in the manner preschools are run – both at the Anganwadi and private levels. The consequences of this have manifested in the form of child rights abuse, skewed teacher to children ratio, basic infrastructure issues and inconsistencies in the curriculum followed. All this is causing tremendous strife and hardships to children in the tender age group of 3-6 years and parents.
To reduce these apparent problems and institutionalize the manner in which preschools have to be run, the Government through the Ministry of Women and Child Development in India has come out with guidelines. These are intended to bring about inclusiveness and remove any ambiguity that exists within the Early Childhood Education system or ECE. It is necessary to learn how to register a preschool in India.
As a first step they have come out with clear definitions for the following:
- a) The scope of the institutions imparting such preschool education.
- b) Area of location, the jurisdiction covered.
- c) The legal or nodal officer responsible for the proper implementation
d)The age group of 3-6 years of children to be strictly followed.
- e) The fees and the role of the guardian.
- f) The minimum statutory requirements to be fulfilled by the preschool before being allowed to start.
Having defined the broader parameters, the guidelines further include details as under:
1) There has to be 1 teacher and 1 caregiver for every 20 children.
2) The building of the preschool should have adequate ventilation, hygiene and a clearly demarcated boundary wall.
3) Toilets should have soap, water with clean towels and at the right height for easy access. There has to be a separate toilet for the disabled children.
4) The rest room and the play areas have to be separate with CCTV surveillance.
5) Adequate fire protection has to be in place and periodic pest control should be also be done.
6) Children should not be subjected to more than 3-4 hours of instructions or learning in a day.
7) The learning aids for teaching have to be provided to each class based as per the curriculum.
8) A well stocked library with books and audio visual material along with adequate number of sports equipment have to be provided by each school.
9) Basic first aid kit has to be available at all times and there should also be a quarterly check up of all children in the school by a medical practitioner who is duly registered.
10) Comprehensive records related to the enrolment, attendance, medical details and fees have to be maintained by the school for inspection at any time.
The recognition or certification granted to a preschool to commence operations can be withdrawn at any time upon not complying with the above.
We are daycare and play school consultants help to set up in playschools in Major Cities and towns of India including Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Maharashtra, tamil nadu, Gujarat, etc.
if you would like to know what kind of legal permissions are required to start a play school in India 2017, contact us.